SAS Institute, Cary, NC, USA; April 10-13, 2017
Society Goals and Objectives
The MAQC society is a new society and this is its first annual society meeting. The objective of the Society is to communicate, promote, and advance reproducible science principles and quality control for analysis of the massive data generated from the existing and emerging technologies in solving biological, health, and medical problems. Thus, the goals of the Society are to (1) Advocate and facilitate the development and application of quality control practice and standard analysis protocols of bioinformatics and biostatistics for enhanced reproducibility across multiple experiments, laboratories, and data analysis methods, AND (2) Advance our understanding and best practices in the development and application of MAQC in drug development, clinical application, and safety/risk assessment.
Society Meeting Agenda (April 12th, Wednesday, 2017)
1. Session 1: Advancing Reproducible Genomics – Lessons Learned from the MicroArray and Sequencing Quality Control (MAQC/SEQC) Consortium
2. Session 2: Current Efforts Towards Reproducible Genomics
3. Session 3: Reproducible Genomics in Practice
4. Session 4: Reproducible Genomics in Application
Two keynote lectures:
1. Reproducibility, Statistics, and MAQC/SEQC by Russ Wolfinger, Director of Scientific Discovery and Genomics, SAS Institute, USA
2. Standards in Genomics and Epigenomics for This World and Others by Chris Mason, Weill Cornell Medical College, USA
Pre- and Post-Workshps (No Registration Fees):
1. April 10-11 (Mon-Tues): The pre-conference workshop on the 2nd SEQC2 working group meeting: In this FDA-led consortium project workshop, presentations and discussions from each working group will be centered on study design and data analysis plan in the evaluation of whole genome sequencing and target gene sequencing technologies.
2. April 13 (Thus): The post-conference workshop on Advanced Data Analytics: The workshop provides hands-on practice of applying advanced statistical methods for clinical and genomics data analysis.
Local Organizing Commitee Contact:
Wenjun Bao (JMP/SAS)
Tel: 1-919-531-1484 (o), 1-919-244-0260 (c)
- Choose the registration type (Student/Post-doc, or Professional) from the dropdown menu and click “Register." Registration is $200 for all the attendees
- Payment is expected at the time of registration using PayPal. Alternatively, you may request an invoice to be sent to you or your Institution.
- If you want to make payment though credit card, please choose PayPal option and it will take you to the secure link where you can enter your credit card information to make secure payment for the registration.