2012 MCBIOS Conference
The 2012 MCBIOS Conference, Making Sense of the Omics Data Deluge,
will be held February 17th and 18th in Oxford, MS on the campus of the University of Mississippi. The Inn at Ole Miss is the venue for this year's conference.
After February 3, 2012
- Students $175
- Post-doctoral and Professional $275
MCBIOS is hosting a National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) Workshop at the MCBIOS conference Visit their ftp site for participant materials designed for our group.
Abstract Submission Deadlines
Abstract Submission is closed
- Consideration for travel awards (oral or poster), January 17, 2012
- Oral presentation deadline, January 17, 2012
- Poster presentation deadline: January 17, 2012
- Oral presentation, January 31, 2012
- Poster acceptance: January 31, 2012
Poster size limitation-48" x 36" (122cm x 91cm).
The Inn at Ole Miss Hotel block will be held until January 16, 2012
Call for Participation
The Conference Program Committee invites you to submit an abstract for either a poster or oral presentation. Abstracts are limited to 250 words in length. Participants presenting either a poster or a talk will be eligible to submit a manuscript for publication in the Conference Proceedings. As in previous years, we plan to publish the proceedings in BMC Bioinformatics, a highly-ranked open-access journal.
The Inn at Ole Miss
The conference site is at The Inn at Ole Miss. 120 Alumni Drive, University, MS 38677. Note University, MS is the campus, and the town is Oxford, MS. Reservations: 1-888-4 UM ROOM (1-888-486-7666). Reservations for the block must be received on or before January 16, 2012. Mention MCBIOS conference when making reservation. Rates below do not include applicable taxes (currently 7% per room, per night).
- Deluxe Single, 48 rooms, $99.00/night
- Deluxe Double, 30 rooms, $99.00/night
- Standard Single, 2 rooms, $86.00/night
The Inn has complimentary wireless internet, a fully-equipped fitness center, complimentary shuttle service to and from the Oxford Square nightly, coffee makers, and complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. See their website for particulars about the room types.
Holiday Inn Express
A group of 15 rooms has been blocked at the Holiday Inn Express at 112 Heritage Drive, Oxford, MS. You will want a vehicle, shuttle bus, or city bus (OUT) to get to campus and The Inn at Ole Miss.
Call 1-662-236-2500 and mention MCBIOS. The cut-off date for the block is January 16, 2012. Each room has two queen-sized beds and is non-smoking. All guest rooms at the Holiday Inn include a microwave, mini-fridge, iron and ironing board, coffee maker, cable with HBO, 24-hour business center, fitness center, bus parking, complimentary wireless internet access, and a complimentary deluxe hot breakfast served 6:30am-10:00 every day. Block rate is $99.00/night. Tax-exempt if proper documentation is provided and paid for with school check or credit card.
Hampton Inn Oxford -- West
A group of 15 rooms has been blocked at the Hampton Inn at 110 Heritage Drive, Oxford, MS.
Call 1-662-232-2442 and mention MCBIOS. The cut-off date for the block is January 16, 2012. The hotel is non-smoking. Each room contains two queen-sized beds. All rooms include a microwave, mini-fridge, iron and ironing board, coffee maker, an indoor pool, cable with HBO, 24-hour business center, fitness center, bus parking, complimentary internet access, and complimentary deluxe hot breakfast served 6:00-10:00 every morning. Block rate is $99.00/night. Tax-exempt if proper documentation is provided and paid for with school check or credit card.
Several other lodging options are available, see the list from the Oxford Convention and Visitors Bureau.
2012 Local Conference Committee
- Dawn Wilkins, Chair, University of Mississippi, Oxford MS
- Andy Perkins, Mississippi State University, Starkville MS
- Susan Bridges, Mississippi State University, MS
- Doris Kupfer, Civil Aerospace Medical Institute, FAA, OK
- Students are invited to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations.
- Student awards for best posters and oral presentations will be presented on Saturday, February 18, 2012.
- To be awarded, the work must be presented by the student(s), one of whom must be present for the Saturday award ceremony.
- Students are invited to submit abstracts for a $375 fund which will be granted at the time of the conference to defray registration and housing costs.
Post Doctoral Awards
- Two awards for oral presentations by a post doctoral attendee will be made at the Conference. Indicate your status when registering and submitting abstract for the conference.
- Must be present at award ceremony to receive award.