2014 Conference (MCBIOS-XI)
The Annual MCBIOS Conference
March 6-8, 2014
Conference Registration opens December 15
Conference Agenda (Print Version)
This year MCBIOS is presenting a pre-conference workshop on Next-Generation Sequencing, March 6.
Sorry, the NGS workshop is full
No more workshop registrations will be accepted.
We have sufficient space for all poster abstracts to be accepted.
Poster size limitation: 48"H x 36"W (122cm x 91cm)
Call for Participation
The Conference Program Committee invites you to submit an abstract for either a poster or oral presentation. Abstracts are limited to 250 words in length. Participants presenting either a poster or a talk will be eligible to submit a full manuscript for publication in the Conference Proceedings. As in previous years, we plan to publish the proceedings in BMC Bioinformatics, a highly-ranked open-access journal.
Dates to remember:
Conference and workshop registration opens December 15, 2013
Oral abstract deadline January 22, 2014
Deadline extended to January 25, 2014
Poster abstract deadline February 7
Oral presentation acceptance February 15
Poster acceptance February 15
Early registration ends February 22
$300 for Professionals and Post-doctoral Professionals
$175 for Students
Registration for the pre-Conference NGS Workshop is $25
- Students are invited to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations.
- Student awards for best posters and oral presentations will be presented on Saturday March 8, 2014.
- To be awarded, the work must be presented by the student(s), one of whom must be present for the Saturday award ceremony.
Post Doctoral Awards
- Two awards for oral presentations by a post doctoral attendee will be made at the Conference. Indicate your status when registering and submitting abstract for the conference.
- Must be present at award ceremony to receive award.
Students are invited to submit oral presentation abstracts for a stipend which will be granted at the time of the conference to defray registration and housing costs. Abstracts to be considered for Travel Stipends must be submitted no later than
January 22, 2014- Extended to January 25.