The mission of MCBIOS is to foster networking and collaborationpromote the professional development of members and supporting our student members.
- Advance the understanding of bioinformatics and computational biology
- Bring together scientists of various backgrounds and disciplines
- Facilitate the collaboration of researchers with similar or complementary backgrounds to solve biological, health and/or medical problems
- Promote education in bioinformatics and computational biology
- Inform the general public on the results and implications of current research in bioinformatics and computational biology
- Promote other activities that will contribute to the development of bioinformatics and computational biology MCBIOS Bylaws Current version (Amended Feb 20, 2010)
Membership and participation is open to all, though efforts focus on supporting members in the MidSouth region of the United States:
MCBIOS is a membership organization dedicated to supporting local chapters.
If you are interested in forming a chapter, please contact any member of the Board of Directors (PDF).