Registration for the 2017 MCBIOS Conference and Workshop
- Choose the registration type (Student, Professional Post-doc, or Professional) from the dropdown menu and click “Register."
- Payment is expected at the time of registration using PayPal. Alternatively, you may request an invoice to be sent to you or your Institution.
- If the Abstract Submission box is checked during registration, the registrant will receive an email at the email address entered during registration. Abstracts submitted without a conference registration will be rejected.
- This year, the conference workshops are part of the meeting and you will be asked to chose one workshop during registration.
- Demographic information gathered during registration will be aggregated and utilized by MCBIOS for grant applications. Member’s information is never shared or sold.
2017 MCBIOS Abstract Submission Instructions
- You are invited to submit and abstract for consideration as an oral or poster presentation. Oral presentations will be 15 min long including questions. Poster size limitation: 48"W x 36"H (122cm x 91cm).
- There are a limited number of spots for oral presentations. If not selected for oral presentation, you will automatically be considered for poster presentation.
- You must be registered before submitting an abstract.
- A registered author can submit multiple abstracts, as long as that author is the presenting author.
- Please email your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate following details in your email:
- Abstract identification number
- Type of presentation (Oral or Poster)
- Membership Type (Professional, Post-Doc, Student)
- Abstract: The Abstract should not exceed 300 words. Please minimize the use of abbreviations and do not cite references in the abstract. The abstract must include the following separate sections:
- Background: the context and purpose of the study
- Results: the main findings
- Conclusions: a brief summary and potential implications
Student Travel Stipends
Students who are submitting an abstract for oral or poster presentation are invited to apply for a stipend which will defray conference registration and lodging at the conference hotel for March 23rd and 24th. Students with institutional support are not eligible for these stipends. Any additional lodging and expenses will be the responsibility of the attendee. Awardees will be reimbursed after the conference.
Abstracts to be considered for Travel Stipends must be submitted no later than February, 10 2017.